GST registration is the process for the person (person definition as specified in CGST Act 2017) who will cross the term limit/threshold limit, which is defined by the Government.
Getting a registration is mandatory for that person who fulfills the criteria and gets liable for GST registration.
As we get further information about GST Full Form and their types and full forms now we discuss the following:
Such as criteria, compulsion, process, registration tracking status, limit and sections, new amendments we are briefly discussing in this post
The any business entity which wants to avail registration under the GST Law it will obtain unique number from tax authorities.
This purpose to be collect tax on behalf of the Government and also avail applicability of Input Tax Credit.
As per section 22 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017.
It shall mandatory to the person whose aggregate turnover more than Rs. 40 lacs in the financial year.
The person in above criteria its to liable under category of GST registration and the criteria came in existence on 1st April 2019.
GSTIN in GST Registration:
GST registration in GST based on the Permanent Account Number (PAN) and state – specific.
As well as the GST identification Number GSTIN a 15-digit number also a certificate of registration.
With incorporating the GSTIN available to the applicant on his registration.
The digits of GSTIN number as per above:
- First two digits – State Code
- Next Ten digits – PAN number
- Thirteenth digit – represents number of registration within a state
- Fourteenth digit – Z by default
- Last digit – Check Code
Note : Registration under is not Tax Specific i.e., only single registration for all those taxes that are CGST, SGST/UTGST, IGST and Cesses.
Persons liable for compulsory registration:
- Turnover Limit for the GST Registration:
Person liable for the turnover limit of the GST registration:
- A person was liable for mandatory registration on aggregate turnover above INR 20 lakhs if he made a taxable supply of goods and services.
- A person was liable for mandatory registration in case of particular category states on aggregate turnover above INR 10 lakhs.
Note: Central Government increases the threshold/turnover limit up to Forty Lakh rupees of aggregate turnover from 1 April 2019.
- Taxable Supplies
- Exempt Supplies
- Inter-state Supplies
- Export of Goods and services
- Value of supplies – reverse charge basis
- Inward supplies
- Job work
Special Category States:
Ten State are particular category states for GST registration limit:
Note: As per the Constitution of India, the individual category states include Jammu & Kashmir. But, in this section, it was not considered as Special Category State.
Persons migrated from previous law:
Every person who has mandatory to migrate from previous law like VAT, CST, and any other act before 1 July 2017 implementation of GST
A person mandated to re-registered from previous law to new GST registration on the date immediately preceding appointed day
- Appointed Day:
A day on the GST levied, i.e., 1 July 2017, is known as Appointed Date.
- Transfer of Business:
In the case of inheritance, successor, or transfer of a business to another one. Persons who his successor of the company is liable for registration from the date of succession.
- Under scheme transfer of business:
An amalgamation, demerger of the companies, and any scheme on the order of High Court, Tribunal, a person belongs to liable for registration.
A person has no compulsion for registration:
- A person engaged in supplying wholly exempt goods and services or both under CGST and IGST Act
For example, in the case of aggregate turnover limit is increases up to INR 50,000. Still, a person has 100% do the business of exempted goods and services; he was not liable for GST registration.
- An agriculturist ( supply of produce)
- If notified by the Government, specify the category persons.
- A person making inter-state taxable supply instead of aggregate turnover exceeding 20 lakhs
- A Casual Taxable person was liable for compulsory registration on the supply of handicraft goods.
- Persons pay tax under the reverse charge mechanism.
- Non-resident taxable persons on the taxable supply
- Persons under section 51 (GST TDS)
- Other taxable person or agent or otherwise making taxable supply.
- Input Service Distributor
- Electronic commerce operator under section 52 (GST TCS)
- Persons are supplying online information and database access or retrieval services (OIDAR).
- If any notified persons by the Government get GST registration mandatorily.
GST state code list:
For registration person requires to know gst state codes. The GST state code list.
What is GST registration?
The GST registration is the process for any business entity who is liable for mandatory registration which shall fall under limit of 40 lacs and above of his aggregate turnover from 1st April 2019.
What are the documents required for GST number?
In the GST number most essential document is Permanent Account Number for registration then other document like Identity proof, photographs and address proof etc.
Is GST registration free ?
Absolutely, the business entity mandatory to fulfill criteria of 40 lacs of then they get free registration from online portal.