GST REGISTRATION PROCESS – Quick given guide for Registration
Procedure for Registration under the Gst Act:
As we discuss in our previous blog about the GST registration, their limits, criteria, and all about related to necessary information.
In this post, we intimately know about ultimate guide of the following as we hope it better understand to you:
- Gst Registration Process Time
- Gst Registration Step By Step Online Process
- Gst Registration Process Documents Required
Under the GST Act, 2017, liable persons are eligible for the registration. The simple procedure is further specified below:
Gst Registration Process Time:
- A person as we see in the GST registration article about their limit and criteria as further below:
- Persons liable for registration
- Compulsory registration
Those persons shall apply for registration in every state or union territory within Thirty Days.
- A casual taxable person or non-resident taxable person shall apply for registration at least five days before after commencement of business.
- The unit under Special Economic Zone shall be liable for person those who are having a group, and Special Economic Zone developer shall apply for separate registration.
- Persons make a supply in territorial waters in a coastal state or union territory shall apply for registration.
- Territorial Waters:
Territorial waters mean from the baseline of Coastal State or a Union Territory about to 12 nautical miles (22 kilometers and 14 miles) the areal or belt of water.
- A person wants to be registration grants single registration for a state and union territory.
- A person is having too many places of business granted for separate records in a state and union territory.
- A person wants to be voluntary registration if he is not eligible in the above category as specified may get registered for
Gst Registration Step By Step Online Process:
Steps for the online registration process as in detail study, and each point discussed below:
- Government site for Online GST registration :
That is an authorized site of government where you can get registered online without any fees for registration.
First, you open this site as a given link and go on the Taxpayers section and click on register now.
Then begins the Part A section where new registration for a new person as per below:
- Part A of the Gst Registration:
Select on New Registration:
Part A of this process is for a newly registered person to fill the necessary information as per mention in this part of the registration process.
Like the required business name and current business pan number after filling with all essential info, click on PROCEED.
After that clicking on the proceed button, this window will be open, and the OTP number send on your email and mobile number, so please be carefully proper to fill them.
In case if not received OTP, then click on RESEND OTP, so you will get once again the OTP number fill them appropriately and finally click on the CONTINUE button.
- TRN Number Status (Full Form of TRN) Part B:
TRN number full form of TRN Temporary Reference Number this Part B of the registration process, let carefully note down this number and save it.
Part B TRN number received after clicking CONTINUE button and once again go on GST Portal and Select Part B section, i.e., Temporary Reference Number TRN
Then you’re accepted and saved TRN number and enter the Captcha Code accurately and finally click on the PROCEED button.
The proper submission of TRN number, then you will receive the OTP number again on your mobile number or email id enter the same as it is without any mistake.
Then click on the PROCEED button.
- Gst Registration Status:
Status showing this box as DRAFT and click on edit Icon on ACTION box.
- In Part B fill all Sections with Gst registration documents which are required:
For the GST registration, the following documents prominently required.
- Proof of place of business
- Identity proof
- Bank Account Details
- Taxpayers constitution
- Documents as per Business, partnership firm
Please fill the necessary information as display in, and it will generate ARN Number, which was you would see the status on the GST portal.
(Pictures from Cleartax.in)